Monday, September 7, 2009

Rockwills - An experienced and Practical Will-Writer, the way it should be

A client of my by the name of Mr. Loo recently called me for an appointment to discuss his Will. Understand that Mr. Loo had previously met more than 4 Professional Will-Writers in different occasions, however he did not give his Will-Writing business to them. The reasons I gathered from him is simple, these people fall into the following scenario:-

1. Inexperience - hardly been in the business for 2 over years, yet claimed to be experience.

2. Not interest in Will business but rather try to use the appointment to sell other services like insurance, unit trust etc.

3. Not professional - the Will they suggest is not pratical. They required Mr. Loo to list down all his assets, and all this assets are given to only one person ie the wife. These Will-Writers merely trying to charge a high price (Fees based on the number of paragrapha in the Will) for the Will written. They are not Professional at all! As a Will-Writer, we should 'tailored make' the Will and write down what is necessary, pratical and useful to protect the beneficiaries, not merely trying to list down all assets unnecessary, putting down paragraphs that are not really required has no legal implication. They just want to make the Will looks longer and charge higher fees.

It is my humble advice to all Will-Writers that they should do their noble service with professional ethic, give good professional advices and be practical, otherwise you are not doing a noble service as a Will-Writer.

Finally, I managed to close Mr Loo Will at RM500.00. Cheap to many Will-Writers but to me, this is what is need by Mr. Loo, a 15 paragraph Will and I have given the best professional advice to him.

Write to me should you be interested to discuss this issue further at info@rockwillsonline.com.my or visit http://www.rockwillsonline.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment